[Casual] Application from Music Lord (Music Lord)

Music Lord
Applicant
Ingame Name: Music Lord

[Casual] Application from Music Lord (Music Lord)

Postby Music Lord » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:23 pm

Personal Information

Michael, 26, Male.
Time Zone: (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima

Character Information

Player Information

• Raids and trials I have completed:
    • Raids: ALL of Realm Reborn & ALL Alexander Raids
    • Primals: Extreme modes
  • Previous MMO experience: FFXI, WOW, Guild Wars, Star Wars Galaxies
  • I describe myself as: Helpful
  • My control scheme: PC (Gamepad)
  • TeamSpeak 3: Yes
  • Stable connection: Yes
  • Microphone: Yes
  • Previous Free Company: Symphony of Vibes (Music) Rank 8 FC. Still in it as #2 in command, but its been pretty inactive
  • What I expect to gain from Prime: A community to help (and be helped) with Raids/Dungeons/Trials
  • What can Prime expect to gain from me: Active Player, Contribution, Quality raider
    I'm pretty mean with Dreadspawn on a controller
  • Why do I want to join Prime: You're highly ranked :)
  • How did I hear about Prime: Google Magic
  • Why you should we pick me over other applicants: I'm online about 2-3 times a week (if not every day)
  • Comment: My girlfriend plays :)

Gameplay Information

• Am I a content creator?
    ?
  • What I can do?
    Sure!
  • Referral: I'm afraid not, I'm new. I've got real life friends in SCORP though, but I don't think they're as dedicated as Prime.
Last edited by Music Lord on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Trella
Site Admin
Ingame Name: Silver Lighte

Re: [Casual] Application from Music Lord (Music Lord)

Postby Trella » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:45 am

Hello

Thank you for applying to Prime.
While I understand your interest in joining our community.
I'm afraid I can not really recommend you for joining. From what I can see you require a Free Company
to help you gain your barrings in the game. Prime is a free company that delivers an environment where one is able to gain more knowledge and experience. To better put it, Prime isn't a stepping stone Free Company but a place that you stay and continue to grow as the FC grows.
I hope I explained this and you understand that this is the biggest problem with you application. You need a solid foundation within the game and I feel like Free Companies that you are already building relationships with like Scorp are great ways to do this.
If you have any questions feel free to post here within the next 3 days and I'll be sure to respond promptly.
Co-Leader of |-Prime-|
Silver Lighte
http://www.prime-na.com - twitch.tv/Shaquille404

Music Lord
Applicant
Ingame Name: Music Lord

Postby Music Lord » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:23 pm

Hello Trella!

I appreciate your response, and of course, I am hoping you'll reconsider:

- You asked me to gain my barrings in FFXIV, so I wondered what you would like me to work toward. I have several lvl 40-60 jobs, have completed all Expert Dungeons, all Lvl 60 Dungeons, all Lvl 50 Dungeons, all Trials, all Alexander, all Hall of Novice for Tank, Healer, DPS, etc. I think I have a lot of knowledge and experience to offer newer members.
- I'm applying to Prime because I want to be in Prime, not SCORP, Music, or any other FC which I have friends. Although great FCs, I am a hardcore gamer, and I've seen more hardcore players in Prime than SCORP or Music. I like social guilds/fcs, but I'm hoping to team up with a serious group of gamers.
- As a current leader in the FC "Music," I know any first-hand concerns you have for welcoming people you haven't properly vetted to your FC, especially if they have friends elsewhere. You are most welcome to vet me thoroughly. For the time being, I'll keep solo-partying. I miss community gaming. I was hoping to find that in Prime.

Trella
Site Admin
Ingame Name: Silver Lighte

Postby Trella » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:59 pm

Hello,

I respect your commitment and persistence.
However, I will stand by my decision. I understand that you feel you have enough experience within final fantasy that you're be able to interact properly within a Final Fantasy community. This might not be the case for yourself, but new players that believe they are fit for this environment and manage to get through the recruitment process have some of these difficulties.
- Separating themselves from the feeling that this is "them and me," this is a community and one in which 90-95% of the player base has knowledge of the others. That nervousness has prove to create awkwardness and is something I have no interest in forcing on new members and my existing members.
- Our FC is majority end-game related activities like the savage tier content. That said sometimes it is hard to fine groups to do very old content.
This can be a problem as you try to catch up.

These are just some small points that I've seen become a issue and these are why I don't typically consider new player applications.

Silver,
Co-Leader of |-Prime-|
Silver Lighte
http://www.prime-na.com - twitch.tv/Shaquille404

Return to “Rejected Applications”