Andrew Pyle, 24, Male.
Time Zone: (GMT -8:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- My main Job: Dark Knight(60)
- My alts: Warrior, Paladin
- About my gear and Lodestone: Currently ilvl 210 (if I choose) and I wear all slaying accessories when doing all content. I have access to all 60 DRK left side gear (barring Thordan weapon).
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone ... r/3471067/
- Raids and trials I have completed:
- Raids: The Final Coil of Bahamut
- Primals: Extreme modes
- Previous MMO experience: First MMO, but I have learned the tools of the trade when it comes to tanking effectively, over the course of nearly 2 years.
- I describe myself as: Determined
- My control scheme: PS4 & Keyboard
- TeamSpeak 3: No, but can download
- Stable connection: Yes
- Microphone: Yes
- Previous Free Company: I have been in 3 Free Companies. Left two casual FCs and one varied FC that turned strictly casual.
- What I expect to gain from Prime: Camaraderie, social experiences, raiding and trials. Hoping to be able to make Gil by selling content, if at all possible.
- What can Prime expect to gain from me: Active Player, Quality raider
If the FC would desire crafting capabilities from me, I would gladly level my crafters and provide raid materials.
- Why do I want to join Prime: I feel I've evolved past the casual aspect of the game. I'd like to go ahead and see if I can test my skills among the best of the best to see if I can fit in. Also looking to get into the next Alexander raid when it comes out next month with a competent raid group.
- How did I hear about Prime: I've seen many of your members roaming about the server. Also seen your PFs pertaining to selling content and recruiting raid members.
- Why you should we pick me over other applicants: I have made a ceaseless effort to hone my skills DPSing while tanking over the past half year. I can out DPS most people in DF. I don't have a parser, but I look at the party enmity and smirk when they're not even building up past the halfway mark as I spam Souleater.
- Comment: When I first started playing this game, I was about as terrible as you could get with an MMO. I had no idea what the roles were, much less my role. I chose Paladin first because I am privy to swords. And after that, well, I made people angry when I went into dungeons lol. I learned by people telling me how to do my job at its bare minimum, which was Flash for trash and Rage of Halone for bosses and Defensive cooldowns as necessary.
Cut to a year after I got the PS4 version and I finally cleared Final Coil of Bahamut, I felt like I could take on anything and I got cocky. Even though I did clear the 2.X series raids/Trials, I still had no idea about stance dancing and DPS maximization. That is, until Heavensward came out a few months later. A few weeks after Alex Savage came out, I learned that my Main was starting to become void in place of the Dark Knight due to the noticably higher DPS a DRK can output while they're main tanking.
Now, I had grown to adore the main tank spot, because facing down my foes head on is the way I like to play. So I decided to switch mains to DRK, but then a *massive* wall hit me. All of a sudden, I picked a class that was exponentially harder to play than the Paladin. So I took it upon myself to basically put myself through nonstop boot camp of dungeon runs, practicing rotations, managing MP, managing the DoT, managing the plethora of short cooldowns that come with the job (and eventually learning how to mitigate input lag caused by said cooldowns), and last but not least, learning how to tank without tank stance for both single target and trash pulls.
After many months of ceaseless practice, I can finally say that I am able to out DPS most people in DF. I may not be perfect at this game, but the switch from maining the easiest class to maining (and effectively playing) the hardest feels like I have completed a monumentous task. Hence why I'm applying to Prime, because I feel I've evolved past the casual aspect of the game.
- Raid Group: Any
- Raid enviroment: Semi-Hardcore
- Healer or tank PoV links:
I would, but I'm strictly on PS4 and don't have any capture devices atm. Saving up for a gaming comp that has all of those neat features.
- How I deal with criticism:
When it comes from people that know what they're talking about, I am all ears, particularly if they have pointers about how I can better myself at my class. If people are rude to me (And I have had MANY people be rude to me) I blow off some steam and think about how I can apply their harsh criticisms to the way I play. I listen to everyone ultimately, if their demands aren't unreasonable lol.